"Very soon, there is going to be a shortage of clean water on this planet. Drinking water will be more valuable than oil or natural gas. Human beings have survived for thousands of years without oil or natural gas. We have never known humanity or life on this planet to survive without clean water."
- You are entitled to freedom of expression – but not near Shell’s Refinery! - 11 hours ago
- EPA grants Shell licence to operate Mayo gas refinery - 4 days ago
- Shell Corrib project close to ‘first gas’ after EPA licence approval - 4 days ago
- Shell granted licence by EPA for Mayo gas refinery - 4 days ago
- Shell expects Corrib gas to flow before end of 2015 - 5 days ago
- Big oil, big tobacco, big lies - 4 days ago
- Shell has frozen its Arctic oil drilling – but it's still hungry for fossil fuels - 2 weeks ago
- Shell abandons Alaska Arctic drilling - 2 weeks ago
- Methane Is Leaking From Natural Gas Processing Plants At Much Higher Rates Than Reported - 5 weeks ago
- Paul Murphy: It’s quite shocking gardaí are ‘spying’ on water protesters - 6 weeks ago
Shell To Sea Latest Tweets
Quote of the Week
"Ireland only taxes the profits of such enterprises [petroleum exploration and production]. There is no per unit tax or levy as in other countries and Ireland's tax rate is relatively low. The State also does not take an ownership stake in the field or demand royalties. Thus on this basis, Ireland's tax regime is generous in comparison to that of other countries. "
"I put it to you, that the evidence you have given here is entirely based on lies, save for your name, your station and the location where this incident occurred."
"Possible minor discipline for any one officer is not an appropriate response to the Corrib policing culture of violence and disrespect that has been institutionalised by the State as a whole. This culture has been established and nurtured by politicians who have publicly sanctioned the use of violent force against the community affected by the Corrib gas project."
"Parents are delayed by Gardai when picking up their children from school, farmers are stopped when moving animals and machinery, walkers and cyclists are ordered off the public highway and even manhandled by Gardai to make way for construction vehicles. Some people have been prevented from leaving their homes, and have been subjected to night-time visits to their property by both Gardai and so-called security personnel"
"Everybody accepts that Bertie Ahern accepted corrupt payments for planning decisions worth millions, why do you think he wouldn't accept money from the oil industry, when it’s for gas and oil fields worth billions."
“Corruption in Irish political life was both endemic and systemic. It affected every level of government, from some holders of top ministerial offices to some local councillors, and its existence was widely known and widely tolerated”
"If you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw … and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake... Slurp... I drink it up."
"I took this action because of the situation in Erris. What we have been subjected to by the actions of Shell and the State is worthy of a dictatorship, the police are working as an arm of the oil companies"
"Public order situations are never pretty. pushing and shoving sometimes has to happen to ensure people don't get hurt."
Subscribe to Email News Update
If you wish to subscribe to receive the Shell to Sea News Updates then click on the link below and enter your email.
The email list is a low volume list of usually one or two emails a month.