"The government has relinquished control over the offshore areas of our industry. Norway was tough regarding oil companies from the start. You now have an almost embarrassingly large pension fund. The situation for Irish communities, however, is as in Ogoniland in Nigeria - oil is a curse,”
Support YOU can take today:
- Write to your local and national papers, contact local radio chat shows
- Organise protests/boycotts/blockades/occupations/critical masses at Government offices & Shell / Statoil garages & offices
- Organise a Shell to Sea talk in your community centre/workplace/college –we can come & speak & show the campaign films
- Leaflet & poster your community
- Join the protests and days of solidarity in Dublin and Mayo
- Organise an information stall in your town / at festivals
- Organise a music night/ fundraiser for Shell to Sea
- Get a Shell to Sea bumper sticker for your window and car
- Donate to the Shell to Sea campaign fund
ACCOUNT:Shell to Sea Current Account.
BANK:Bank of Ireland
SORT CODE: 905299
A/C NUMBER: 19694399
BANK ID: BOFIIE2D
IBAN NO:IE39 BOFI 9052 9919 6943 99
- Come & see for yourself what is at stake, visitors are always welcome to stay at the Rossport Solidarity House
There is also the lovely Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
Lobby to refine the gas at sea and renegotiate the deal to benefit the people of Ireland:
Sample letter to TD's here: http://www.shelltosea.com/sites/default/files/images/Sample_TD_CorribLet...
- Phil Hogan, Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government
- Pat Rabbitte, Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
- Jimmy Deenihan, Minister for Arts, Heritage and Gaeltacht
- Fergus O'Dowd, Junior Minister for Energy & Environment
- Enda Kenny, Taoiseach
- National Parks & Wildlife –will they give consent to destroy a Special Protected Area?
- Contact the Norwegian Ambassador & Norwegian Government (Statoil is the Norwegian national gas company) www.norway.info
- Contact Norwegian media and campaign groups
- Contact Shell and Statoil
- Contact the European Commission, Environment DG, B - 1049 Brussels, Belgium
- International Supporters can contact your Irish Embassy: http://www.embassiesabroad.
- Sign up for Shell to Sea News Updates to get updates every few months- send blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or go here: https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/shelltoseanews