Admittedly it took a while to finally see The Pipe, the award-winning documentary that tells the human side of the story of the Shell fiasco at Bellanaboy – I just couldn’t muster the enthusiasm for it on RTE or TG4, because it’s a story that isn’t in my own backyard.
- Shell Corrib Gas Field testing being carried out illegally? - 1 day ago
- Shell corruption that led to blackmail - 1 day ago
- OSSL Shell Blackmail - 1 day ago
- Constitutional betrayal of our right to water - 1 week ago
- Shell begins testing at Ballinaboy terminal in north Mayo - 1 week ago
- Reasonable Force For Reasonable People - 1 day ago
- Three water protesters get suspended prison terms - 1 day ago
- Protest and be damned: water activists demonised - 1 day ago
- Skellig oil block owner targeted in €8m takeover - 1 day ago
- Remember Ken Saro-Wiwa & 8 others hanged 19 years ago - 2 weeks ago
Blast from the Past
Izzy Ní Ghraidm jailed
Campaigner Izzy Ní Ghraidm has been jailed and is currently held in Mountjoy.
Letters & messages of support can be sent to
Izzy Ní Ghraidm,
North Circular Road
Peoples' Forum 2014 - 22nd Nov
Title: 'Community in a Corporate Imperium'
Venue: Inver Hall, Erris, Mayo
Time: Saturday 22nd November 2014, 10am - 6pm
For more info see here
Shell To Sea Latest Tweets
Quote of the Week
“We’re justified in resorting to civil disobedience when our cause is valid, we’re motivated by that cause to disobey, we’ve made reasonable efforts to use legal channels first, and we’re sensitive to the likely impact on other people. Civil disobedience is not just justified, but praiseworthy, when it helps to remedy grave injustices in our society.”
Kimberley Brownlee, associate professor in legal and moral philosophy at the Warwick University Law School
Subscribe to Email News Update
If you wish to subscribe to receive the Shell to Sea News Updates then click on the link below and enter your email.
The email list is a low volume list of usually one or two emails a month.