"In a State that has completely lost its moral core it’s almost inevitable that those who tenaciously pursue their principles and speaks out against the hypocrisy of power will find themselves silenced."
- Record interest in Irish offshore - 1 week ago
- Petition to Sign - Minister White: Don't reward Shell abuses in Ireland - 2 weeks ago
- Play invites little people to stand up - 3 weeks ago
- Fennelly report exposes the disabling weaknesses in Garda accountability - 4 weeks ago
- OSSL Whistleblower Email Sent to Irish Police, Irish Times and Shell on 28 August 2015 - 5 weeks ago
- Shell has frozen its Arctic oil drilling – but it's still hungry for fossil fuels - 6 days ago
- Shell abandons Alaska Arctic drilling - 6 days ago
- Methane Is Leaking From Natural Gas Processing Plants At Much Higher Rates Than Reported - 4 weeks ago
- Paul Murphy: It’s quite shocking gardaí are ‘spying’ on water protesters - 4 weeks ago
- Gardaí ban Paul Murphy from collecting because it might encourage lawbreaking - 4 weeks ago
Blast from the Past
Shell To Sea Latest Tweets
Quote of the Week
“I experience it in every community [companies splitting communities]. It’s the same story whether it’s Erris (Co. Mayo), Leitrim, whether it’s the people threatened by fracking now; it’s exactly the same story. The same psychological war-fare is being got ready for them ..... God forgive companies for what they do to communities.”
“One cannot fail to be impressed by the strength of spirit shown by the recipients of these awards. It is that strength of spirit that makes our communities better places in which to live, that selfless sacrifice and endeavour that lifts us all.”
"Today the Commercial Court made an order quashing the revised licence issued by the EPA to Shell E&P Ireland.
Shell to Sea is delighted that that the EPA decision to grant this licence is now shown to be illegal and Shell to Sea believes that this shows gross incompetence if not indeed negligence by this statutory body."
'It's not the most distressful country after all when five "green" men stand their own ground'.
"It's lucky these walls are high"
"This is the first time I haven't felt depressed about the state of the country in about 4 years, because at last I see some people genuinely fighting against corruption in Ireland"
"The government has relinquished control over the offshore areas of our industry. Norway was tough regarding oil companies from the start. You now have an almost embarrassingly large pension fund. The situation for Irish communities, however, is as in Ogoniland in Nigeria - oil is a curse,”
"The Government have clearly sent the message to Shell, ‘you can do whatever you want’. Fortunately due to protest, the refinery remains unconnected to the gas field. If, as Shell planned, gas had been flowing by now, we would potentially all be dealing with a gas leak and explosion.”
Subscribe to Email News Update
If you wish to subscribe to receive the Shell to Sea News Updates then click on the link below and enter your email.
The email list is a low volume list of usually one or two emails a month.