"This tunnel boring machine means the rape of the environment and the rape of our natural resources. That Shell is using armed protection from the state means we live in a banana republic. Where you have occupation you have resistance."
- OSSL Whistleblower Email Sent to Irish Police, Irish Times and Shell on 28 August 2015 - 4 days ago
- Shell urges ‘prompt processing’ of Corrib pipeline application - 5 days ago
- Shell seeks permission to operate Corrib gas pipeline - 5 days ago
- Fund:It - Songs for Rossport - 2 weeks ago
- Complaint about Shell dumping in Broadhaven Bay (SAC) - 3 weeks ago
- Paul Murphy: It’s quite shocking gardaí are ‘spying’ on water protesters - 4 hours ago
- Gardaí ban Paul Murphy from collecting because it might encourage lawbreaking - 4 hours ago
- Shell Leaves ALEC, Is Still Terrible - 4 days ago
- Whale and dolphin survey to assess effect of seismic testing - 1 week ago
- People Will Remember Shell Oil As a Symbol of Planet-Destroying Greed - 2 weeks ago
Shell To Sea Latest Tweets
Quote of the Week
"All the costs are deducted from revenue before declaring a taxable profit.....In effect, therefore, the taxpayer will be subsidising Providence's ongoing exploration programme, including the well planned for the Kish bank offshore Dalkey in south Co. Dublin. But we won't be getting any ownership stake in anything found there either."
"But in my view we do not own fundamental rights as human beings just because we exist. Our human rights were not given to us by a higher power; they were recognized and declared by people like you and me. If ordinary people in ordinary communities like ours do not keep using them, claiming them all the time, if we neglect to improve and expand and practice them, then we will lose them."
"Rules and laws are made by people and rules and laws can be changed by people"
"His only concrete statement was that he did not wish to be negative or undersell Ireland as a location for exploration investment, but he is underselling Ireland. Is he acting on behalf of citizens or the oil companies? His statement today and previous statements seem to place him on the companies’ side."
"The fish went away, Catches went immediately 60% down...And it never came back. It's been 3 years since the last shooting they did and it never came back...
It [Seismic shooting] scares fish at least at distances of 18 nautical miles (which is about 33km),
Co-existence is impossible."
"As things now stand, Shell’s proposed Corrib project is made up as follows:
- The wellhead is in an earthquake zone
- The landfall is in a landslide zone
- The refinery is in a bog and may, or may not, be subsiding.
Campaigner after getting assaulted by Supt. Diskin “Your turning out to be no better than Gannon”
Supt. Patrick Diskin - “Fuck off”
"Minister Rabbitte was asked to delay issuing the [exploration] options until the Committee had concluded its deliberations. He refused, showing scant regard for democracy or the rights of elected representatives to influence government policy. He preferred to take a Stalinist approach, accepting the advice of his department officials "
"Very soon, there is going to be a shortage of clean water on this planet. Drinking water will be more valuable than oil or natural gas. Human beings have survived for thousands of years without oil or natural gas. We have never known humanity or life on this planet to survive without clean water."
Subscribe to Email News Update
If you wish to subscribe to receive the Shell to Sea News Updates then click on the link below and enter your email.
The email list is a low volume list of usually one or two emails a month.