"There is a long history of pillage of Ireland's natural resources, beginning with England's deforestation of the country for its navy. More recently, domestic politicians have continued that trend."
- You are entitled to freedom of expression – but not near Shell’s Refinery! - 7 hours ago
- EPA grants Shell licence to operate Mayo gas refinery - 3 days ago
- Shell Corrib project close to ‘first gas’ after EPA licence approval - 3 days ago
- Shell granted licence by EPA for Mayo gas refinery - 4 days ago
- Shell expects Corrib gas to flow before end of 2015 - 4 days ago
- Big oil, big tobacco, big lies - 4 days ago
- Shell has frozen its Arctic oil drilling – but it's still hungry for fossil fuels - 2 weeks ago
- Shell abandons Alaska Arctic drilling - 2 weeks ago
- Methane Is Leaking From Natural Gas Processing Plants At Much Higher Rates Than Reported - 5 weeks ago
- Paul Murphy: It’s quite shocking gardaí are ‘spying’ on water protesters - 6 weeks ago
Blast from the Past
Shell To Sea Latest Tweets
Quote of the Week
"The solution, however, is a simple one. Mr Rabbitte should tell the oil companies he is tearing up all existing agreements and seek new licensing terms similar to those that other oil-rich countries, like Norway, demand and get.
Others have dones so; there is no reason why we cannont. Worldwide, oil and gas reserves are steadily diminishing - and therefore ever more valauble - resources."
"The combined total of these company estimates [with prospect & discoveries in Irish territory] is almost 20 billion barrels of oil equivalent."
"A priest in a church riven by the scandal of abuse, Fr Hegarty should be aware of the danger of averting one’s eyes from abuses in one’s own backyard. We in Afri will not join those who choose to turn their backs on the abuses currently being carried out by Shell and its security apparatus in North Mayo."
"I take issue with Pat Rabbitte dismissing us, citizens as 'these people here', when he's addressing a conference organised by Notre Dame University and being addressed by Exxon Mobil. In a way, it sums up his attitude, ignore any concerns from our community in Mayo or other Irish citizens, while telling Shell and other oil companies exactly what they want to hear".
"This man [Pat Rabbitte] is selling off our oil and gas while Irish people have been evicted"
"This brutal change of our lives has been forced on all of us, nobody can escape the reality of what happens when a multinational succeeds in manipulating a Government, and when greed and recklessness seem to rule."
"It will come to a point when we will be liberated and when ecological crimes will have to be rated the same as war crimes. Ecocide has to be recognised and Shell and Government should be held liable for crimes against Mother Earth around the world"
"Covert Camera Not in Box I-RMS 10"
"Morality is doing what's right regardless of what your told
Obedience is doing what your told regardless of what is right"
Subscribe to Email News Update
If you wish to subscribe to receive the Shell to Sea News Updates then click on the link below and enter your email.
The email list is a low volume list of usually one or two emails a month.